Here are three people sharing their experience of discrimination. Has your child experienced discrimination? What are some of the reasons that people exclude and discriminate against other people? What can your child do when they witness discrimination?
Have you been discriminated against or faced prejudice?
- What are some of the reasons that Meg has been the subject of discrimination?
- How does Meg react when people judge her for how she looks?
Now watch Haisam, a Muslim Imam, answer the question.
Discuss or think about the following questions:
- Why did people exclude Haisam?
- Was he treated fairly?
- How does he feel about his treatment?
Now listen to Baressa.
Discuss the following questions together:
- When and why did face discrimination?
- How did it make her feel and what resulted?